Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Seeing Faces


The following were posted in a thread on the Schizophrenia forum at eHealthForum:
Now, here is what happened. When I became schizophrenic, sometime after, I can't remember exactly when I began seeing faces in things, like trees and clouds and in the material that the walls are made of. But it isn't a hallucination at all, given the time to show someone I could show them what I was seeing. Before I was schizophrenic this never happened. Now though, when I look at the clouds, either the entire thing or part of it makes the shape of a face, weird faces, and they are really there, once again not a hallucination, you could tell if it was. If you look closely enough at things, like trees in the dark of night in the street lights, there are faces in them, the shape of the trees, parts of them anyway form faces. Unfortunately, if my old self was visited by who I am today and my today self tried to show my old self these faces then I would've thought that I was crazy, I wouldn't have been able to see them. Something happened. And they are really there, it's just like those optical illusions where if you look at the white part of the picture it makes a completely different image than the black part which most people pay attention to at first. If you look at the clouds or whatever with the right mind, paying attention to the right portion of the cloud and paying attention to the right shades, just like the black and white optical illusions, they make faces alot of the time. Now someone in their early stages of developement will only see the black part of the picture so to speak, only see certain shades and only certain portions. It's a quite strange happening. Funny how the mind works isn't it? Somebody who is that way won't see them at all even though they are there, I used to be one of them so I know what it is like, you just don't see them. Go ahead, try it.
--Woops
I also see faces everywhere, last night I was looking at the moon, and I've always seen a howling wolf when I've looked at it, but last night, I saw the face of a beautiful woman, I smiled at her and she smiled back, and I had a nearly overwhelming feeling of peace and happiness, and for some reason I knew I had to make a wish, it did flash through my mind to wish to win the lottery, but for some reason, deep down inside I knew that this would be the wrong thing to wish for, and if I wished for personal gain, I would get nothing, so I wish for something else instead. It worries me sometimes and makes me think that I'm going mad, which is why I came across this site, as I was looking for information. Sometimes I feel that there are people in the room when I am the only person there, this tends to annoy me, and I tell them to go away, I believe that they are spirit people, sometimes I know when the phone is about to ring and who is ringing, it freaks me out at times, and I worry if I am safe to be around, at times I get images in my mind's eye, more often than not they are not very nice, and bad impulses, though I have never and would never act on them, they feel alien to me, as in somebody is trying to tell me to do something, but I am stronger than that, which then makes me think that maybe I'm possessed by something. I've seen faces in things from a very early age, it was always put down to an over active imagination. I always have a high pitched ringing in my ears, though when I was a child it would only happen when I was just about to go to sleep, I have it constantly now, the doctor said it was Tinnitus and I have been treated for this, it did not cure the problem, some times it is louder and others faintly there, but always there, and is as if somebody has a radio on, but it is out of tune, so that all that can be heard is static, I have had my ears tested, and I have perfect hearing, I just don't know what to think any more... or where to go or what to do next.....?
--Royou
omg omg omg , finally i found someone who would believe me,  it was driving me insane,  i've seen them since i was a little kid, and they were everywhere, the funny thing, when i start seeing a specific face, then others can see it, if it disappears from my mind , it wouldn't exist there anymore, not even for others!  yea sounds crazy i know, but it is soooo real, real faces not just cartoonic, feels like real humans .. i think there is no way to fix this right? .. they're everywhere, now i dont let myself look anywhere with patterns for more than 1 second, trying to avoid it ... still happens .. no use i guess
--Another_Dreamer

1 comments:

jacqueline said...

I don't know what to believe.For years I would see people in trees. Then on Dec 22, 2011 I was talking to a high school friend which I had never share my experience with her just blurted out that he see people in trees and have been for years. It good yo know that I'm not alone. There must be an explanation. -Jacqueline (atl,ga)

Post a Comment

Michael Perkins

Michael Perkins

Help Me Find New Readers

Search This Blog